Thinking About The Future

• Official Post

I find myself thinking about my future at the end of every year, and I've been doing this more so the older I get. I'm going to be 34 next year, and I wonder how 2024 is going to treat me. Will it be one of the best years in my life? Will I finally get around to doing things that I've always wanted to do? Will I finish any of the projects I've started over a decade ago? The latter probably not knowing me, but I want to at the very least continue to make Thee Zone the best it can absolutely be. I'm somewhat stuck in a rut though with the website, I don't plan on shutting things down but I do need to work on reviving this place and getting more activity. I need to come up with ideas on how we can improve for sure. I also plan on focusing on my Youtube channel much more next year than I did this year, and honestly I've done more with my channel in 2023 than I have in a long time. The last time I really put effort into my channel was 2009, and I think if you look back at my videos you can see that. I was 19 and didn't have a job though, so I had all the time in the world to focus on it.

Speaking of jobs, in February it will mark five years since I first started working there. Hard to believe I've been at my current job for this long already! Though I've thought about potentially looking into taking some certification courses for some tech job. I could be making more money if I do this after all. That's another thing I've really been thinking about as I get older, I wish I thought about this more when I was in my 20's. I want to save up so I can get top surgery, I need to change my name legally too so I don't have to keep using my terrible dead name all the time. Anyways I wonder if I'll look back at this blog post when I'm older and if Thee Zone is still around. (Note to my future self, keep this place running!) If you read this far thank you for reading my blog post. It's a lot, probably my biggest one yet. (Which yeah I think it is lol) I guess when you have stuff on your mind it's easy to end up with a very long blog post! So I believe I've rambled on long enough. What are my plans for 2024? Well to continue running Thee Zone of course! Also keep running Gex Forums too, especially since we'll be getting the Gex Trilogy sometime next year. I'm also going to keep working on challenge videos for my Youtube channel as well as filming unboxing videos. Plus I can start streaming now since I have a good mic, and I have a capture device for my old consoles so I can play games on real hardware for my channel now! (Though for some of my challenge videos playing them on a emulator with 4x speed will be my go to, emulation ftw!) I might continue to promote my Guilded server too. (Guilded is so much better than Discord fight me!) I'm also going to continue to be a judge for the Sonic Hacking Contest too, unless if something comes up where I can no longer be one. That's it for this blog post. Here's to a brighter future, and I hope that my future will be a good future! (Sonic CD reference right there! Lol though I suppose it doesn't need to be one but I love Sonic.)

• It is so cliched but it is almost scary how fast time seems to fly by without us noticing it. After reading your blog post a few days ago, I have found my mind wandering in similar circles. I hope you do continue with this place, for my part I also hope that I remember to talk more. As I do like this place, I tend to be selfish though and too often use content here as springboards for my own thinking. I will be more active though as I would also like to see this place go well too.

That is really awesome to hear about your aspirations for the future. I am definitely wishing for positive results to come from them. Especially from what you have mentioned about the challenges surrounding your name change and such. Also, I have read this blog entry a few times now. It is still an enjoyable experience.

• Official Post

Thank you I really do appreciate it. I suppose as the sands of time continue we all eventually stop and reflect on our lives, maybe for some people they don't really do this until they know that they're nearing the end of their lives. This was the first time I really did stop and think about my future, I don't know why it took me a bit longer to reflect on things.

• You are most welcome, it did help encourage me to reflect more on what I am wanting to do and where I am wanting to go. That is still awesome you are reflecting on it though, as 34 is still pretty young. It is much more common for people to be able to go through quite radical changes later in life. When I started taking social anthropology at uni, the head of the anthropology department had only decided to go into anthropology when her marriage ended and she was in her 40s. She had been a housewife until then. Not that I am disparaging that choice, but opportunities to change can be open even with limited experience. So here is wishing the best for you!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!